The DHTA's annual hiking festival, known as Hike Fest, is one of our best fund-raising events and it is a lot of fun! Check out all the fun on our Hike Fest Facebook page.
Hike Fest 2013
Hike Fest 2013 is set!
Join us on three Saturdays in May for wonderful hikes in the Nature Island:
Look out for a whole week of activities "Hike and Jazz"
Saturday May 04th
- Waitukubuli National Trail Segment 7: Hatton Garden to First Camp.
Sunday May 05th
- Kairi Walk and Smile: Cochrane to Laudat (Waitukubuli National Trail Segment 4) to Roseau.
Saturday May 11th
- Boiling Lake hike: Boiling Lake and Titou Gorge.
Hike & Jazz
Sunday May 12th
- 2 Waterfalls: Jaco Falls and Spanny Falls + BBQ at Riverstone Bar 'n' Gril.l
Monday May 13th
- 9 Diamonds: Sultan Falls - 9 Waterfalls in three hours.
Tuesday May 14th
- Central Forest Reserve: TMT Hike to Gleau Gommier + Garden tour at Zen Gardens + Lunch & Lyme at Liberty Jungle
- Evening: Art & Cuisine at Harmony Villa
Wednesday May 15th
- World Herritage Site: Hike to Morne Trois Piton .
- Evening Jazz: Jazz 'n' Creole at Evergreen Hotel
Thursday May 16th
- Emerald Pool: Bala Caves (maroon site) to Emerald Pool on Waitukubuli National Trail Segment 5 EJazz: Jazz 'n' Creole "Word, Sound & Power" at Anchorage Hotel
Friday May 17th
- Organic Experience: Sylvannia to Pond Casse along Waitukubuli National Trail Segment 4 (Sylvannia to Pond Casse) + organic farm tour and lunch at D-Smart Farms
- Evening Jazz: Jazz 'n' Creole Happy Hour at Fort Young Hotel
Saturday May 18th
- Maroon Heritage River Hike: Jaco Steps (maroon heritage site)
- Day Jazz: Day-time jazz lyme - "Riverside Jazz 'n' Creole" t Riverstone Bar 'n' Grill in Belles.
Sunday May 19th
- JAZZ 'n' CREOLE Festival: main stage event at Cabrits National Park (no hike)
For more information on the trails visit http://agriculture.gov.dm/trail/
For more information on Jazz & Creole events visit www.discoverdominica.com
Includes: Transportation, Water and a Hike Fest 2013 t-shirt!
Visit our Hike Fest Facebook page for more info...